Job title: Accenture Academy – MSc Scholarship in Applied Software Technologies
Job description: Accenture Academy program has been mounted in collaboration with the University of Mauritius to support the strategy of Accenture Technology to grow and develop its workforce in the innovative technologies field. The Academy is now onboarding its seventh batch whereby 260+ students are already part of this initiative including more than 230 graduated.
The conversion MSc program is a masters degree targeting students having a first degree in a discipline other than computing [Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics]. The program has been co-developed by Accenture and University of Mauritius and constantly kept up to date to cater for the evolving needs of the ICT industry. Students will be exposed to the latest technologies and develop the technical, analytical, and professional skills required to join a dynamic innovative technology workforce.
The programme is an intensive 1-year full-time degree programme covering taught core and specialization modules, assessments and/or exams, 6-months internship and masters project assignment. It falls under the Graduate Training for Employment Scheme (GTES) programme to enhance employability of graduates with skills on demand on the local job market.
For this June, the master program being offered is MSc Applied Software Technologies.
Distinctive features of this program:
· Gain thorough understanding and hands-on experience of the latest software technologies, development tools and techniques
· Develop professional skills that are key to thrive as future software engineers such as communication, analytical, critical, teamwork and collaboration skills
· Gain exposure to the professional environment, through group projects, internship, job shadowing, from the time they embark on this programme, for a better integration in the job market
· Fully sponsored by Accenture through the GTES programme together with monthly stipend for all students embarked on the program until 1-year completion
· Access to experienced coaches and technologist from Accenture as well as additional licensed technologies and learning material available to only internal employees of Accenture
· Successful completion of this program and good standing guarantees a full-time job position at Accenture Mauritius
The MSc Applied Software Technologies is composed of 4 main components totaling 48 credits, all of which need to be completed successfully to achieve the masters degree.
· Core modules (26 credits) including: Software Engineering, Object Oriented Programming, Database Systems, Effective Communication, among others
· Specialization modules (34 credits) in Custom development including: Applied Enterprise Java programming, Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud computing, among others
· Masters project (12 credits) which will consist of the implementation and documentation of a software application for a real-life problem using innovative technologies and tools covered in the program or available on the market
· Internship assignment (12 credits) which will consist of documented job/task assignments in a real-life working environment at Accenture Technology enabling the students to enhance their practical experience in the field prior to embarking on a journey as full-time software engineer with the company
· Minimum Second-Class Honours Undergraduate Degree from a recognized University, GPA not less than 2.50 typically in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field or alternative qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius and Accenture.
· No prior knowledge or degree in the subject matter of the masters program is required.
· Successfully clear the selection process by Accenture Mauritius for this programme.
Seats on this program are limited and Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
All applications close on Oct 31, 2023. Applications received after this date shall be considered for future batches.
How to Apply for January 2024 Intake:
Enroll on Accenture Academy – MSc Scholarship in MSc Applied Software Technologies
·Send your updated CV and latest Academic transcript to us.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Date posted: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 23:51:13 GMT