Job title: Accounting Associate – Mauritius
Company: Aspen Pharmacare
Job description: Aspen Global Incorporated (AGI) is the Mauritian subsidiary of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited and was established in 2008. It is a global specialty and branded multinational pharmaceutical company with a presence in both emerging and developed markets.
AGI has been the launchpad of the Group’s Global expansion. We are very proud that from Mauritius we improve the health of patients in more than 150 countries through our high quality, affordable products. Our key business segments are Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Commercial. Our global Brands comprises sterile Focus Brands that include Anaesthetics, Oncology and Thrombosis products. Many of the Aspen supplied medicines are lifesaving or medically critical.
- Over 200 people employed of which 75% are Mauritian.
- One of Mauritius’ largest companies with a turnover in excess of 40 billion Mauritian Rupees.
- Diverse workforce with over 20 different nationalities.
- We are liaising with over 60 different subsidiaries worldwide every day.
- Supplied more than 700 million packs of medicine worldwide since inception.
We are now recruiting for an Accounting Associate, who will report into the Associate Manager, Reporting, Tax & Reporting.
Overview of Role
This role will be the Finance gatekeeper on VIM for PO & Invoice, Intercompany reconciliation in line with Group Intercompany Policy and AP management reporting and statutory reporting
- Act as the Finance gatekeeper for non-trade POs & Invoices on the system, reviewing key parameters
- Perform intercompany reconciliation with Aspen Affiliates in line with the Group Intercompany Policy
- Review and report on Streams’ performance on invoice processing cycle time and PO coverage
- Management and statutory reporting for accounts payable items
- Book site invoices on the system
- Attend to internal and external audit queries related accounts payable
- Actively participate in working groups on improvement initiatives
What you will need to be considered
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Past experience in Accounts Payable / Billing role or Accountant role
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience
What’s in it for You?
We have established a reputable business in just over a decade and as we continue to grow we remain committed to your personal & professional development. You will be entering a challenging & rewarding environment and a culture where courage, learning, intrapreneurship, fun and wellbeing are central. AGI is proud to offer a competitive total rewards system that continue to make us a desirable workplace.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
Aspen will not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact the Aspen Global Inc. HR department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. Obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Aspen Global Inc. In the absence of written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Aspen Global Inc. Aspen Global Inc. therefore shall not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Date posted: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 01:14:45 GMT