Job title: Accounting Graduate – Mauritius
Company: Aspen Pharmacare
Job description: Aspen Global Incorporated (AGI) is the Mauritian subsidiary of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited and was established in 2008. It is a global specialty and branded multinational pharmaceutical company with a presence in both emerging and developed markets.
AGI has been the launchpad of the Group’s Global expansion. We are very proud that from Mauritius we improve the health of patients in more than 150 countries through our high quality, affordable products. Our key business segments are Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Commercial. Our global Brands comprises sterile Focus Brands that include Anaesthetics, Oncology and Thrombosis products. Many of the Aspen supplied medicines are lifesaving or medically critical.
- Over 200 people employed of which 75% are Mauritian.
- One of Mauritius’ largest companies with a turnover in excess of 40 billion Mauritian Rupees.
- Diverse workforce with over 20 different nationalities.
- We are liaising with over 60 different subsidiaries worldwide every day.
- Supplied more than 700 million packs of medicine worldwide since inception.
We are now looking for an Accounting Graduate to join our Finance team for a duration of a year!
Throughout, you will be exposed to our business and obtain hands-on experience within a global corporation!
You will be tasked with various assignments, each as challenging as the other, in the goal to enhance your development.
Overview of Role
This resource person will be mainly responsible for Accounts Payable function in Accounting team. Other main areas of responsibility would include internal controls, inventory, financial reporting, and other diversified accounting activities related to the Accounts Payable function within the organization.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable on SAP S4 Hana.
- Review and verify invoices on VIM system to ensure accurate posting on SAP
- Match invoices to Purchase Orders on SAP.
- Ensure invoices are being processed on a timely basis in compliance with company’s policies, and follow the approval framework.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Ensure postings are coded in accordance with the relevant budget codes.
- Track expenses and process expense claims.
- Perform reconciliation of inter-company balances at month end.
- Reconcile third party accounts payable transactions.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Review monthly age analysis and report on old balances.
- Perform monthly Payables reconciliations to the sub-modules.
- Monitor Payables Days and comment on variances to Forecast.
- Recommend procedures to improve specific task-related activities relating to the functioning of the Payables team.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Provide support for ERP implementation
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Any other ad-hoc duties
What you will need to be successful in the Role
- Degree in a Finance/Accounting or ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualifications
- Adaptable and quick learner
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
What’s in it for You?
We have established a reputable business in just over a decade and as we continue to grow we remain committed to your personal & professional development. You will be entering a challenging & rewarding environment and a culture where courage, learning, intrapreneurship, fun and wellbeing are central. AGI is proud to offer a competitive total rewards system that continue to make us a desirable workplace.
Date posted: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 03:47:31 GMT