Job title: Accounts Officer M/F
Company: Bourbon Offshore
Job description: General information
Organisation A market leader in offshore marine services, BOURBON offers the most demanding offshore energy operators a broad range of surface and subsea marine services for oil & gas fields and wind farms. These services rely on a modern & standardized fleet of 248vessels and on the skills of more than 5,400 highly qualified professionals. Constantly striving for operational excellence, the group provides a local service for customers in the 36 countries in which it operates, guaranteeing the very highest standards of quality and safety. In 2022, BOURBON achieved adjusted revenues of over €542 million.
Job type (offshore/onshore)
Accounts Officer M/F
Roles and responsibilities
The mission will be to:
- Accomplish tasks within monthly schedule to meet Group standards and deadlines.
- Manage the suppliers’ accounting for the company(ies) under his/her scope.
- Update accounts payable and perform supplier reconciliations.
- Perform day-to-day account receivable transactions.
- Process all intercompany and general and administration (G&A) provisions on a monthly basis.
- Support in the Intragroup Reconciliation & Anaplan (accounting software) Gap Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all vendor’s invoices are captured in a timely manner and uploaded accounting software;
- Seek for approvals from concerned manning department prior marking them for good to pay invoices;
- Monitor all approved/validated invoices have been and recorded in Oracle;
- Coordinate all reconciliations for each supplier and report for any unreconciled transactions.
- Develop relationship with suppliers and also with category managers and other stakeholders;
- Generate client invoices in Oracle AR;
- Ensure all invoices back charged precisely, accurately and on time to the respective ship manager according to vessel or analytical segments;
- Handle invoices with all proper supporting documents;
- Review of general ledger accounts and make necessary journal entries including posting of bank transactions and monthly accruals which should in accordance to Bourbon Standards and with Corporate deadlines;
- Record and analyse G&A accruals and invoicing on a monthly basis;
- Financial data should be 100% accurate;
- Participate in ICS closing for intercompany transactions;
- Pre-checks with SA codes and vessel codes in order to be in line with budget;
- Participate along with the General Accountant in the preparation of financial reporting for the Group in collaboration with the persons in charge of controlling;
- Engage with payroll and Manning team to understand and support the business model as and when required; and
- Ensure all the supporting documents are provided to the auditors as per the requirement.
The Accounts Officer is linked hierarchically to the Deputy Finance Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Hold at least a Higher School Certificate/ ACCA Studies Level 1;
- Hands on experience in handling General Ledger and working with complex excel files is a plus;
- Knowledge of Marine Industry and/or Oil and Gas industry is a plus;
- Have good listening and communication skills;
- Sound organisation skills and rigorous with a professional approach at all times;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, prioritize matters and meet deadlines;
- Willing to work independently and be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Have an excellent knowledge of MS Office/ Excel skills; and
- A good command of French and English is essential.
Africa, Mauritius Island, Bambous
Date posted: Thu, 03 Aug 2023 05:05:53 GMT