Job title: Accounts Payable
Company: Apex Group
Accounts Payable Officer
Role Location: Ebene Mauritius
Department: Corporate Solutions
Employment Type: Permanent
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
The Accounts Payable Officer will work closely with the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Competently carry out duties in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards so as to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
Role Objective and job specification
Apex Group is looking for Accounts Payable officers to join its Accounting Team.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- reviewing and verifying invoices and checking requests from relevant parties;
- ensuring invoices are coded to correct departments and purchase lines and uploaded into relevant accounting systems;
- were required, prepare and perform payment runs as per relevant parties instructions;
- post payment transactions to ledgers once complete and ensure banks are reconciled within the accounting systems;
- maintain vendor files
- communicate with relevant parties where appropriate and respond to inquiries;
- perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions;
- able to reconcile accounting records to bank statements, reconcile supplier statements to ledger accounts and monitor accounts to ensure payments are upto date;
The successful candidate should have:
- knowledge and basic understanding of general accounting ideas such as VAT;
- knowledge of relevant accounting software would be an advantage but not mandatory;
- be proficient in data entry, working to multiple tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail;
- fluency in English is required (both verbal and written).
- the ability of organising and prioritising;
- business risk aware;
- client service and results focused;
- ability to use their own initiative with minimal supervision;
- be a team player with willingness to assist others and a willingness to learn.
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business;
- Training environment which is second to none;
- Access to the apprenticeship scheme to pursue a relevant professional qualification;
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to practical scenarios.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications, and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society, and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)) please visit
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply below!
Date posted: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 04:28:04 GMT