Job title: Assistant Cook – Pastry
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Assistant Cook – Pastry
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Assistant Cook is responsible for managing production and MEP for the daily operation, breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet or à-la-carte, under the supervision of the Sous Chef or a Chef De Partie of the Pastry department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To check general cleaning of appropriate section and work surfaces before as well as after each service or MEP, maintaining the HACCP standards.
- To ensure that all stored foods in the fridge are labelled properly with the date and name of the products.
- To be responsible for receiving goods and for checking the quality of the goods.
- To immediately report any incident to a Superior or the Chef in order to take an action.
- To do daily walkthrough in the kitchen, ensuring that all the equipment are in good condition.
- To always seek innovative ideas.
The desired qualification for this role is at least a School Certificate and a National Certificate level 3 in Food Production. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in the same role in an international ultra-luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:27:00 GMT