Job title: Assistant Finance Accountant – Financial Control
Job description: Company Description
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients’ hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers
Purpose of the Job
Ocorian is building a Financial Control team out of Mauritius to support its accounting teams worldwide. The team is led by a Senior Manager and reports into the Regional Finance Director, also based in Mauritius. The main objective is to create, deploy, and run standard financial controls & processes across our jurisdictions.
The Assistant Finance Accountant is responsible for some financial controls & processes for several jurisdictions.
– Book periodic journal entries including payroll, tax and provisions
– Participate in the month end close process and ensure completion within the prescribed deadlines
– Support in preparing balance sheet reconciliations
– Assist in ad-hoc tasks and projects
Financial control, tax and treasury
– Assist on local and Group audits as appropriate
– Collate data to prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
– Support with various other reports & regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance with all Group accounting policies and IFRS
A degree in accounting or any equivalent qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– At least 1 year of experience or traineeship in a finance role, ideally in FC
– Past experience of an ERP system would be an advantage
– Proficiency in English, both verbal and written. French is a plus
– Fair knowledge in terms of computer software skills, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Ability to prepare management accounts and financial summary
– Analytical and Critical Thinking
– Ability to meet demanding deadlines and productivity requirements
– Ability to seek support proactively before timeline elapses and pay attention to details
– Fair understanding of basic accounting principles.
– Curious, eager to learn and to continuously improve our processes.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills, act as a team-player with other finance team members and as a business partner with other departments within the group.Ability to work autonomously, paying attention to details and meet or beat the deadlines.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times
Date posted: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 22:54:56 GMT