Job title: Assistant Manager – Financial Control
Job description: Company Description
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian is one of the largest providers of Fund, Corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Ocorian is building a Financial Control team out of Mauritius to support its accounting teams worldwide. The team is led by a Senior Manager and reports into the Regional Finance Director, also based in Mauritius. The main objective is to create, deploy, and run standard financial controls & processes across our jurisdictions.
The Assistant Manager oversees some financial controls & processes for several jurisdictions, ensuring that all KPIs are met and providing support to the team. This role is in direct contact with financial controllers in other countries and manage a small team.
– Ensure the month end close process is completed on a timely basis with analysis provided to support results
– Preparation and review of management accounts
– Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis for all balances in all entities
– Proactively identify, propose, and implement process improvement and standardization
– Assist in ad-hoc tasks and projects
Financial control, tax and treasury
– Support in ensuring the financial control environment is appropriate and controls are operating as intended
– Support in preparing statutory accounts, tax returns and other filings
– Support for local and Group audits
– Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
– Support with various other reports & regulatory requirements
Leadership and management
– Provide support, coaching and training to the team
– Support continuous process improvement and global centralisation of finance operational tasks
– Fully ACCA qualified accountant or equivalent, with at least 3 years post-qualification experience, ideally in an internal finance function
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Ability to prepare statutory financial statements including consolidated financial statements as per IFRS
– Ability to prepare and file tax computation and VAT computation
– Experience of working with external auditors. Previous audit experience preferred
– Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS
– Strong ERP knowledge (preferably NavOne). Knowledge in Caseware is a plus
– Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
– Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and data management in general
– Experience in the Global Business Industry in Mauritius is a plus
– Fluent in English, French is a plus
– Ability to manage a team (effective delegation, workload management, etc.)
– Ability to manage a project involving many stakeholders in different parts of the world
– Ability to develop and foster a continuous improvement culture within the team
– Ability to work and deliver the highest standards under high pressure and tight deadlines
– Ability to develop and implement new processes
Ability to contribute to Operations/Production when needed
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
– We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
– We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
– We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 23:52:10 GMT