Job title: Assistant Manager, Restaurant
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Assistant Manager, Restaurant
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Assistant Manager, Restaurant will supervise the day-to-day restaurant operation and will represent the restaurant during the absence of the Manager, Restaurant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct daily meetings with the Manager, Restaurant to express concerns and to receive information.
- To conduct daily staff briefing to ensure that all messages of management as well as all the information of the hotel’s activities are being well conveyed to all staff.
- To receive comments and ideas from staff for the interest of the restaurant.
- To monitor staff grooming at all times.
- To ensure that work is being done according to the standard required by the establishment.
- To prepare weekly and daily employee roster, if assigned by the Manager, Restaurant.
- To ensure the restaurant is always clean and well-maintained.
- To ensure that there is sufficient linen and operation equipment.
- To organize details about menu or requests of any special events or festive functions.
- To ensure smooth running of any special events or festive functions.
- To reconfirm all table reservation before every shift with the F&B Coordinator/Manager, Restaurant.
- To manage and organize the dining room set up.
- To ensure that all food menus and drinks lists are in good conditions and in a correct number before service.
- To double-check guests’ special requests (repeaters, preferences, any allergies).
- To check all tables’ set up according to the reservation list.
- To make conversation with guests during meal period and find out their likes and dislikes.
- To report and document every single information on guest satisfaction to the Manager, Restaurant and to the Chef de cuisine.
- To check on guest satisfaction on service, food, and beverage quality.
- To inform the section Head Waiter of new guest arrivals, in order to coordinate the service.
- To ensure that staff is at the disposition of the Chef de cuisine and pastry chef all the time when they ask for “service”.
- To collaborate actively with the Chef de cuisine for the well-going of the restaurant.
- To be in charge of cash & credit cards operations and printing bills.
- To ensure that billing is presented upon guest request and according to the correct items consumed.
- To meet, greet, bid farewell, and thank the guest upon departure.
- To enforce safe working habit and to provide safe work environment.
- To answer the phone, give information and take bookings.
- To file all memos in relevant files and to update all information.
- To cash up at the end of the service and to handle all billing to the night auditor, if working evening shift.
- To report to Manager on Duty for any “forgotten items” or potential issues.
- To ensure that the restaurant is clean, and all materials have been well-arranged before closing.
The ideal candidate should have at least a diploma in Hotel Management. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience as Supervisor, Restaurant in an International Ultra-Luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 04:44:55 GMT