Job title: Audit Senior, Supervisor and Assistant Managers – Assurance – EY Mauritius-Ebene
Job description: As an auditor, you will be involved in reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework. Our teams are transforming the audit to provide the organizations we serve with greater confidence, a better perspective of their business and enhanced transparency into the audit, in order to deliver audits of the highest quality. As part of the EY audit team, you will focus on quality and will be bound by a service approach that is connected, responsive and insightful.
We have a strategic framework for supporting audit quality: our global Sustainable Audit Quality (SAQ) program. SAQ is not a short-term program or initiative. It represents our global commitment to audit quality, emphasized through a series of focus areas that support the consistent and sustainable delivery of quality audits. As part of the audit team, your key responsibility is to ensure a successful delivery of audit while maintaining quality and exceptional clients service.
Skills and attributes for success
- Actively involved in project planning, resource allocation, project billing, budget control and managing deliverables
- Responsible for audit procedures and quality
- Responsible for audit planning, performance, completion and archiving on a portfolio of clients
- Managing client relationships
- Preparing budgets and project management
- Performing walkthroughs and tests of controls and review same
- Performing substantive audit procedures and review same
- Designing and reviewing procedures for verification of evidence through confirmation, inquiry, observation, inspection, physical examination, etc
- Managing teams and coaching assistants, subordinates and reviewing staff performance
- Documenting audit work on file and all EY systems
- Reviewing of financial statements
- Performing archiving on EY systems
- Reporting to Managers and Partners
- Any other cognate duties
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Holding a Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA/ICAEW) with 3 to 4 years’ experience in Audit
- Show an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuous education and development
- Demonstrate business acumen
- Drive strategic initiative
- Realize operational excellence
- Act as a visible role model for the team
- Coach and develop team members
- Deliver quality work
- Demonstrate technical and industry expertise
- Excellent team player and communicator
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience in building deploying high performing teams
- Capacity to derive exceptional service quality
What We Look For
We are interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for Assurance. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in Assurance, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions, Tax, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 22:24:33 GMT