Job title: Chef De Cuisine – Tapasake Restaurant
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Chef De Cuisine – Tapasake Restaurant
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Chef De Cuisine is responsible for the Tapasake kitchen and its brigade as well as for planning the department according to occupancy. The Chef De Cuisine is customer-focused by displaying warm, engaging, and caring behavior to both the guests and team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To react to customers’ needs with a sense of urgency.
- To be responsible for planning of the kitchen roster.
- To manage the kitchen, food preparation, supplies ordering and kitchen staff for general food service and function.
- To prepare and properly present the food.
- To supervise and coordinate the activities in the kitchen operation.
- To collaborate with the Manager, Outlet, and the Head Sommelier to plan and develop recipes and menu considering factors such as seasonal availability of ingredients, the likely number of customers, portion size and final menu pricing.
- To check the quantity and quality of received products to ensure items are as ordered and as per the standards set.
- To monitor stock level to reduce wastage.
- To inspect equipment, work areas and general supplies to ensure conformance to establish health and safety standards.
- To instruct/train other kitchen chefs in the preparation areas, cooking garnish and presentation.
- To monitor and enforce sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- To order food and supplies needed.
- To do intelligent business according to guest needs and occupancy.
- To meet with customers after each service to get feedback.
- To always seek market demand to establish new menu.
- To control food costs and to be profit oriented.
- To always be involved in meeting the guests’ expectations to make their stay a memorable one.
- To provide an everlasting dining experience.
- To ensure that production is correctly executed and that products comply with the technical sheets.
- To always ensure a good working atmosphere by training, motivating, and structuring the team.
- To coordinate the distribution of tasks amongst the team, ensuring that the work progresses as it should within the time available.
- To report to the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef and to communicate for daily planning of VIPS and special menus.
- To review and act upon customer feedback, both positive and negative.
The desired qualification for this role is at least a Diploma in Culinary Arts/Hotel Management. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in the same role in an International Ultra-Luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:57:17 GMT