Job title: Coordinator, Engineering
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Coordinator, Engineering
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Coordinator, Engineering is responsible for preparing and maintaining all reports and documents of the Engineering department, keeping them updated, as well as for assisting the Director, Engineering and the Manager, Engineering in their daily tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor the Preventive Maintenance file daily and to communicate.
- To assist on updating Alice daily.
- To do documentation and to follow-up of purchase order status.
- To do documentation of Preventive Maintenance records.
- To assist the Engineering store to update records.
- To assist the team members to find records and documents from the engineering folders.
- To prepare and maintain the engineering library.
- To organize and coordinate the department section meetings.
- To do documentation of all training needs.
- To represent the Engineering department for meetings, if advised.
- To monitor the department work safety issues and to coordinate accordingly for improvement.
- To do documentation of work accidents and follow ups.
- To monitor work punctuality and to report to the Director, Engineering.
- To coordinate with other departments whenever assigned.
- To communicate daily to the engineering team verbally and through documents about all the necessary information.
- To communicate and to collect feedback from the team and to report to the Director, Engineering.
- To coordinate with engineers and management to develop maintenance schedules.
- To convey instructions from the Manager, engineering to the on-site workers.
- To ensure that the maintenance safety and quality control protocols are always met.
- To update the preventive Maintenance Programs for all the equipment on the Resorts daily; Records should always be readily available.
- To process all the requests that come through ALICE, ensuring that requests are assigned to the appropriate personnel; that completed requests are closed in a timely manner; and that proper follow ups are done for all requests logged onto the system right through to the completion of the tasks.
- To coordinate all other maintenance requests/interventions with the Departments concerned, ensuring that the right information is passed in a timely manner and that interventions are done with minimal disturbances to operations.
- To ensure good communication between the Engineering Department and any other Department.
- To update engineering consumptions data daily, such as electricity, fuel, gas, water consumption and swimming pools reading etc; and all records should be always up to date and available.
The desired qualification for this role is at least a Higher School Certificate. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in the same role in an international ultra-luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 06:42:32 GMT