Job title: Coordinator, Housekeeping
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Coordinator, Housekeeping
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Coordinator, Housekeeping is responsible for monitoring and updating the department via Noticeboards, standard reports, and communication as per the Resort’s standards; for ensuring that all requests to the Housekeeping department is handled in an efficient and correct way as per the Resort’s standards; and lastly, for ensuring that the daily morning and evening allocations are organized before the start of the respective shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend to duty on time, in correct uniform and well-groomed.
- To attend daily briefing at the beginning of each shift.
- To be fully trained on the Resort’s standards and procedures required to carry out the daily tasks.
- To prepare all daily task sheets as per the Hotel standards and requirements for the appropriate shift.
- To monitor, update and correct status of guest rooms as per daily instructions.
- To answer calls, forward requests and to ensure that the requests are followed up and completed as per the Resort’s standards.
- To communicate correctly with the department Seniors/Heads throughout the day, ensuring that all information is updated and communicated to the correct area efficiently.
- To be trained to carry out all required system tasks in the Resort Opera System.
- To be fully competent in using the paging system.
- To carry out proper handover between shifts.
- To have thorough knowledge of all tasks and areas of Housekeeping, ensuring all information is communicated correctly to the correct areas.
- To carry out and to complete all daily assigned tasks as per the Resort’s standards.
- To be flexible in scheduling as per the Resort’s requirements.
- To strictly follow the Resort’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To work as scheduled to a rotating roster which includes morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts irrespective of weekends and public holidays (as per the Mauritian Law).
The desired qualification for this role is at least a School Certificate. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in the same role in an international ultra-luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 07:36:36 GMT