Job title: Data Governance, Manager
Job description: A powerful combination
It’s never been a more exciting time to join our organisation. Tricor and Vistra have now merged to form one organisation, which means we’re now a powerhouse of over 9000 colleagues in 50+ jurisdictions across the globe. We’re seizing the opportunity to create a purpose-led organisation that will unlock significant value for our business, our clients, and our people.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Data Governance Manager based in our Vistra (Mauritius) office. Reporting to the Director Business Engineering, this full-time and permanent position is based in Mauritius and offers regional coverage, allowing you to make a significant impact to our Business Engineering department and its’ growth.
- Implement a data strategy and build the data quality function around the global Entity Management system (Viewpoint V8; aka VPoint) and integrated applications
- Define and document Policies and Procedures relating to data standards and controls and the related governance to ensure the integrity of the Global VPoint database in line with Vistra’s CLM Target Operating Model (TOM) and business processes
- Responsible for ownership of the security model and system access
- Responsible for managing a team of Data Stewards to enforce implementation of P&Ps
- Build data governance capability across the organisation
- Ensure safeguarding of sensitive data
- Manage backlog of data change requirements
- Set up and chair a Data Governance committee to ensure stakeholder awareness, approval and prioritisation of data changes as appropriate
- Work with IT on system integration projects to ensure correct mapping of data from legacy systems
- Work with key stakeholders to develop tools to allow users to access, understand, and interpret data sets and reports
- Identify and overcome data deficiencies and gaps in analytical capabilities
- Experience of designing, documenting and implementing data strategy
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data government practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Understanding of government regulatory requirements related to data and emerging trends and issues
- Proven communication, interpersonal & presentation skills to work effectively with stakeholders of all levels across and all regions
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
- Advanced computer skills in areas such as SQL, SSRS, Excel
- Knowledge of ViewPoint (Entity management system) could be an advantage, but not a mandatory requirement
- Minimum of 8 years, working in senior data governance roles in the Financial Services industry
- 3 Year degree or 4 year Degree (BE)
- Data Governance certification such as DGSP or CDMP
- Project Management certification such as Prince 2 or ITIL would be an advantage
At our Vistra Mauritius office, we believe in putting our employees’ well-being first! We offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement and probation leave.
Additionally, we provide a Medical Scheme, Sponsored ACCA and ICSA, Study/Examination Leave, Pension Scheme, Group Personal Accident, Death & Disability Cover and an excellent job exposure and career prospects.
If you are excited about working with us, we encourage you to apply or have a confidential chat with one of our Talent Acquisition team members. Our goal is to make this a great place to work where all our people can thrive. We hope you join us on this exciting journey!
Date posted: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 23:50:47 GMT