Job title: Fund Accounting – Manager
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients’ hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Manager in Mauritius Fund Accounting Team reporting to Associate Director level.
To provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators of Ocorian through the timely preparation of clients’ financial statements for the international finance business lines.
Taking responsibility for the management and technical support of a team of accountants with the support of the existing management team.
To ensure adherence with Ocorian policy and procedure at all times and in conjunction with the Client Accounting Solutions management team, liaise with the management of Ocorian to ensure smooth operation of the department and the provision of professional and high quality service to clients for which Ocorian provides services.
- Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients;
- Support Associate Directors to manage a wide portfolio of real estate and private equity investment structures;
- Support the Team to meet financial reporting requirements as prescribed by the relevant investor and client service level agreements;
- Liaise with the relevant administration teams and auditors to determine and prioritise client deadlines;
- Take responsibility for providing delegation and oversight for tasks performed by outsourced Client Accounting Solutions team members based across multiple jurisdictions;
- Review accounts preparation working papers and financial statements as a quality control function;
- Involve in the preparation of financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Ensure all operational policies, procedures and checklists are followed and all internal and external deadlines are identified and met;
- Leverage accounting and accounting system experience in order to support the Team min on-boarding new clients on eFront, including liaison with members of the eFront migration and administration teams where appropriate; and
- Take an active role in Fund Accounting on related projects that may be required by the business.
General Management Responsibilities
- Assisting with the budgeting process and monitoring staff workloads, chargeable hours and their comparison with budget;
- Identify opportunities to enhance and develop the service provided by the Fund Accounting Team;
- To participate in and contribute to management meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity reasonable required by the Directors or Span of Control Committee;
- To manage the flow of work, liaising with Directors etc to ensure proper allocation and appointment of tasks to team members with the appropriate skills and experience;
- To take an active role in projects in projects within the department to enhance the client delivery and increased efficiently of the business; and
- To carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time.
People Management Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the operation of a team to ensure a positive and expeditious approach to all client work;
- Identifying training needs and opportunities within the team; and
- In addition, Managers will take an active role in recruitment, annual staff appraisals, managing absence and with support and guidance from HR, handle disciplinary and performance issues.
- The post holder will be a Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA/ACCA) with minimum 4 years experience post-qualification with a particular emphasis on the real estate sector;
- Strong knowledge of current IFRS and FRS 102 reporting and experience in accounting for a range of institutional structures
- Experience with eFront and Caseware would be desirable;
- Finance industry and/or accounting/auditing experience within or with exposure to institutional environment is ideal.
- A solution driven attitude to problems with ability to inspire and support the team with innovative ways to drive the business forward;
- Ability to balance working within a team while also progressing autonomously using own initiative to pioneer excellent client service;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels in order to provide a seamless service; and
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 02:42:18 GMT