Job title: Groups Coordinator
Company: Minor International
Job description: Company Description
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our Anantara, Avani, Elewana, Oaks, NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow and TIVOLI properties, Minor Hotels operates in 50+ countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Groups Co-Ordinator who enjoys creating exceptional customer experiences.
In this role you will be responsible for dealing with all types of clients from OTA’s, our suppliers to arrange Familiarisation trips, group events and conferences as some of the activities you’ll get involved in!
From start to finish, you will be involved with the sales process from the initial quote, contract and coordinating the event.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate all elements of the event planning process for all events as required, including but not limited to event orders, contracts, invoicing, vendor and internal departments liaison
- Qualify each event proposal, accepting those which match availability and are in line with conference marketing and strategy plan
- Assist with promotional ideas
- Implement and send out specials
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audio-visual equipment, ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, colour schemes, etc.).
- Actively promote restaurant, events
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as meeting with clients to ensure satisfaction, reviewing invoices and bills, approving payments, and documenting issues and resolutions.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of project management concepts (scheduling, cost, and time management)
- Highly driven, creative, self-starter who is a natural problem solver
- Must be proficient in MS Office programs
- High school certificates and preferably a degree
- Min of 1yr experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to handle conflict calmly and professionally
- Detail-oriented and reliable with good time-management skills
- Able to work well individually and in a team
We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision.
We also share an inspiring organization culture: Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here. If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in delivering results, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Anantara Iko Mauritius and Minor Hotels is right for you.
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- Working for an International Brand with over 530 hotels worldwide!
- Numerous opportunities to progress throughout every level of your career
- Free medical insurance
- A large offering of digital learning including LinkedIn courses, eCornell, virtual courses and on site development programs.
- Discounts at all Minor outlets around the world
- Preferential hotel and Anantara Vacation Club stay rates for friends and family
- Benefit from other local discounts i.e. Emtel mobile offers, Canal+ promotions and many more!
- Team building activities
- Global task force opportunities offering short term assignments in other locations
- Wellbeing activities
Joining Minor means you become a partner in a diverse, expanding global organisation with limitless opportunities to thrive and achieve. With a team of over 66,000 and operating over 60 countries Minor International is one of the fastest growing hospitality, restaurant, and lifestyle companies in the Asia Pacific Region.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Mauritius.
Location: Plaine Magnien, Mauritius
Date posted: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 03:22:26 GMT