Job title: Head of Investor Services
Job description: Company Description
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients’ hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Lead and manage the Investor Services for Global Funds in Mauritius. Coach, train and develop these teams to deliver a superior client and investor experience. Contribute to the design, build and deployment of the agenda for the investor service function to ensure we deliver on sustainable, focused growth and targets via proactive service development, operating model design and targeted technology investments and roadmap management.
The Head of Investor Services shall assist the Head of Fund Services for the implementation of strategic initiatives and expanding investor services capabilities in Mauritius in line with our Target Operating Model, including onboarding of new clients/processes/tasks from other jurisdictions, and putting in place the adequate governance framework to ensure delivery according to the highest standards.
- Manage end to end the Investor Services function within Global Funds, Mauritius ensuring it delivers a credible offering for our clients;
- Ensure the target operating model for the Investor Services is fully deployed in Mauritius;
- Have strong operational effectiveness in implementing operational processes, resolving issues and building capability and systems for the function;
- Accountable for best in class service delivery through regular touchpoints with clients, monitoring KPI’s and ensuring that the Investor Services team is equipped with the tools that they need to deliver this service;
- Actively contribute to answering to RFP’s and commercial propositions;
- Partner with the Client Solutions team to ensure eFront is used to its fullest extent and that all new updates are adopted timely;
- Partner with Product Development and technology to ensure a forward-looking technology and service development roadmaps aligned to group strategy and future client needs;
- Drive internal communication with other functional pillars (Fund Accounting, Admin/CoSec, Management);
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff;
- 10 years of experience in investor services / Transfer Agency for Private Equity funds;
- At least five years’ experience in the management of a team of staff in the global business / financial services industry
- Bachelor or University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent;
- Proven track record in managing investor relations in Private Equity funds for various regulated and non-regulated vehicles;
- Experience with eFront, Investment Café or similar fund platforms and investor portals preferred;
- Experience with transformation/change management, global process and control framework implementation and system migrations;
- Proven track record of leading a high performing team across multiple locations;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to manage and prioritise their workload;
- Comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of fund set-up, administration and Know-Your-Customer obligations;
- Ability to draft and review legal documents and agreements on the basis of Ocorian templates;
- Diligence and care in all aspects of the job, in particular with regard to client data and the maintenance of KYC files and records;
- Problem solving – being able to review the situation and determine an alternative course of action to achieve the desired goal;
- Strong client focus with the ability to develop and maintain important client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with superior attention to detail.
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times
Date posted: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 22:21:41 GMT