Job title: Hostess
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Hostess
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Hostess is responsible for the tables’ arrangements, reservations, and guests’ requests.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct daily meetings with Assistant Managers & the Manager, Restaurant to express concerns and to receive information.
- To be always ready by the door to greet the guests, to check their reservations and to escort them to their table.
- To prepare the reception area before service.
- To seat guests based on their preferences and to balance the customer flow in service stations.
- To politely request the guests to wait in waiting area if no table is available.
- To notify the Manager, Restaurant of any guest who has been perceived unhappy.
- To consistently display a friendly, accessible, and approachable attitude will all in-house & outsider guests to make them feel welcomed.
- To answer the phone with a pleasant voice, to give information and to take bookings.
- To follow the hotel safety working procedure.
- To respond to guests’ questions regarding services and facilities offered by the hotel and to encourage them to participate.
- To recommend all restaurants and other revenue-generating areas to our guests.
- To assist the staff to reset tables on busy period.
- To always keep the reception area clean and tidy.
- To file all memos in relevant files and to update all information.
- To always check guests’ special requests.
- To ensure that all menus’ and drinks’ lists are in good conditions and in correct number before each service.
- To reconfirm all reservations with the Coordinator, Food & Beverages everyday.
- To never leave the reception area unattended.
- To make conversations with the guests during meal period to find out their likes and dislikes.
- To collect special orderings from store for e.g., papers, menu folders etc.
- To report to Manager, Restaurant about “forgotten items”.
The desired qualification for this role is at least a School Certificate and a National Certificate level in Restaurant & Bar service. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years experience in the same role in an ultra-luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 23:14:18 GMT