Job title: Junior Network Support Engineer
Company: Gotech Ltd
Job description: Job Description
Types of network You could work with a variety of network types, such as: * LANs – local area networks, linking a limited area such as a home, office or a small group of buildings
- MANs – metropolitan area networks, linking a large area such as a campus
- WANs – wide area networks, which link nationally or internationally
- WLAN – wireless local area network
- SAN – storage/system/server/small area network
- CAN – campus/controller/cluster area network
- VoIP – voice over internet protocol network.
Responsibilities As a network engineer, you’ll need to:
- Have at least 1 year experience as a network and system engineer.
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper V, KVM), with good working knowledge of HCI
- Experience in data center management.
- Hands on security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
Desired Skills &Technologies * Mandatory engineering background into Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Microsoft windows server
- domain controller roles
- terminal server roles
- file server
- Exchange server and office365
- REDHAT knowledge is an advantage.
- CCNA certification is a plus.
- Vmware Vsphere 6.1
- HCI tech, like Nutanix, simplivity ..
- Fortigate firewall.
Candidates will be expected to pass the NSE-4 exam during trial period
We work hard. Period.
We also value quality of life. Our cubicle free workplace and informally clad workforce reflects this.
Benefits include :
– Competitive salary
– Interaction and collaboration with global experts
– Performance-based bonuses
– A fun work environment
– Opportunities to learn and lead: Frequent Knowledge Sharing Sessions conducted by co-workers
– Work related and extra-curricular competitions at office
Job Requirements Should be able to travel or relocated
Should have good communication skills
About Gotech Ltd
Founded in 2015 Gotech has developed a
unique service delivery platform that brings
smart Solutions made Simple to clients in
Madagascar, Mauritius and the region.
We partner and collaborate with technology
leaders and niche vendors to bring value to
Location: Trou aux Biches, Mauritius
Date posted: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 04:57:01 GMT