Job title: Manager
Job description: Company Description
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients’ hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Working closely with your team director, to take responsibility for the day-to-day management of a team of Fund Administrators taking responsibility for the administration of a portfolio of client funds and investment structures on Ocorian’s technology platform. Provide management and technical support to the team ensuring adherence with Ocorian policy and procedure at all times and liaising with the wider management team of Ocorian to ensure smooth operation of the business and the provision of professional and high quality service to clients for which Ocorian provides services.
- Manage and oversee a team of Fund Administrators to meet the administration needs of a client portfolio of funds and/or investment structures.
- Personally administer a small number of more complex, demanding and/or high-risk funds or other entities (with team support as needed), as required from time to time.
- To manage risk exposure by ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times and be aware of the need for professional advice and have a good understanding of local Regulatory matters. Monitor the risk profile of client matters under administration and ensure that high risk matters receive the appropriate level of attention and monitoring.
- Escalating any issues arising promptly to other members of the management team and Directors as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for situations where team members or management may require assistance in relation to client relationships and attend meetings with clients and other professional advisers.
- To manage the team utilisation, billing and aged debt position of the team matters effectively.
- During periods of absence, to ensure that Directors are fully briefed of any anticipated activities which may arise and that adequate resources are available to the team to maintain a high standard of service to clients.
- To maintain a good understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- To act as an authorised signatory in accordance with Ocorian Services Limited Policy & Procedures.
General Management Responsibilities
- To participate in and contribute to management meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity reasonably required by the Directors.
- To manage the flow of new business, liaising with Directors etc, to ensure proper allocation and apportionment of new business or tasks to team members with the appropriate skills and experience.
- To take an active role in projects to enhance client delivery and increased efficiently of the business.
- To carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time.
People Management Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the operation of a team of Fund Administrators to ensure a positive and expeditious approach to all client work.
- To ensure a task list for the team is kept updated with details of key management responsibilities and deliverables.
- To take an active role in recruitment, annual staff appraisals, absence management and, with support and guidance from HR and your director, handle disciplinary and performance issues.
- Professional qualifications such as ICSA or equivalent or a University degree in Administration, Law and Accounting or any other relevant field.
Knowledge, skills and experience.
- At least 8 years of working experience or more relevant funds/trust and company administration experience;
- Proven experience in the regulatory framework in the global business industry in Mauritius;
- Proven experience in managing a portfolio of corporate / alternative investment;
- Proven experience in meeting financial targets including managing a P&L account for a portfolio of clients;
- At least five years’ experience in the management of a team of staff in the global business / financial services industry in Mauritius;
- Strong IT skills; and
- Strong time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 02:19:31 GMT