Job title: Manager, Host
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Manager, Host
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Manager, Host will be responsible for managing the daily activities, reporting, training, and operations of the Department; for managing the flow of questions and directing the guests within the lobby; for supporting the tracking and resolution of service issues. In collaboration with the Manager, Front Office, the Manager, Host will ensure the highest levels of hospitality and services are provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain polite and professional interpersonal relationships with both colleagues and guests.
- To be able to communicate effectively.
- To develop an effective and supportive team environment by listening to and acting on behalf of our guests & colleagues.
- To attend morning meeting with Heads of Departments.
- To communicate with the staff any relevant information via email, line-ups or one on ones.
- To maintain intra-departmental relations and communication to achieve synergy within the Department and the Resort’s daily operation.
- To conduct/lead operational and departmental meetings (as needed).
- To provide updated information on Memo and Training Board.
- To prepare and organize pre-shift briefings for Assistant Managers, Host Supervisors/Team Leaders, and Hosts.
- To closely monitor training records and to ensure that training is performed in accordance with standards.
- To create, update, and adhere to departmental SOPs and checklists.
- To always represent and promote the One&Only Resorts and to the best of his/her abilities.
- To adhere to the company ethics & antibribery policies.
- To understand, instill, and live the Company Philosophy.
- To ensure compliance with all brand standards, OO markers, quality standards, and SOPs.
- To always maintain workplace discipline in accordance with the Company Philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- To be able to always maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- To be knowledgeable about the facilities and services provided by the sister-hotels of the One&Only Resorts Group.
- To provide and create ideas on improving the overall product/experience for One&Only guests.
- To ensure appropriate communication and guest understanding of the QR codes among the Resort.
- To ensure housekeeping services are performed within timeframes requested by the guests.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of all outlets, opening hours, menus, amenities, activities (both on property and offsite).
- To use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the Resort.
- To become well-versed on the guest folios to better discuss and resolve any guest questions or concerns.
- To fully trained on the usage of all the necessary operational system such as (Opera, Alice, POS, SAGA).
- To actively manage and record guest preferences and to communicate to the relative departments making sure they are followed up on and inserted in the appropriate systems (ALICE, SAGA, etc.).
- To monitor different type of communication processes and to provide structured, consistent support and recommendations for consistent improvements and to implement change where needed, with proper approvals.
- To confirm daily guest agenda and efficiently organize/reserve new activities, restaurant booking, treatments or other.
- To coordinate daily Arrival and Departure experience.
- To be responsible for the disinfection, cleanliness, and proper function of the assigned equipment.
- To coordinate with supervisors and housekeepers the service of the occupied, departing and arriving rooms, based on timeframes and requests.
- To report Lost and Found property according to the Policy & Procedure.
- To be directly involved in any projects assigned by the management, ensuring completion in a timely manner within the assigned budget.
- To improve guest satisfaction.
- To improve efficiency and timeliness of service.
- To consistently improve quality of service.
- To be effective in handling complaints and problem resolution.
- To ensure all guests’ requests are successfully completed.
- To check all VIP rooms and Suites before arrival.
- To perform random checks in all occupied and arriving rooms to ensure that all standards are maintained.
- To inspect guest rooms together with the Host, strictly abiding to the established standards and procedures.
- To ensure that the Hosts create and follow up on any ticket in ALICE, always in a timely manner.
- To look after guests who need special attention with the utmost care and accuracy.
- To ensure full knowledge of guest information regarding the property, the location, local culture, arts, nature, and people (what is going on in the area etc.).
- To direct the Host Department in the care and attention to detail in guest services.
- To manage all staff in the department and to ensure the highest standard of performance from the team.
- To have a commitment to a sense of urgency, immediacy, and total responsiveness.
- To demonstrate commitment to uncompromising standards of excellence.
- To ensure that essential information required by the organization is accurately communicated to the appropriate personnel and any differences of opinion with other members of staff are dealt with in a manner that maintains goodwill and respect and avoids offence and conflict.
- To ensure that the Executive Management is kept informed in an appropriate and accurate level of detail about activities, progress, and results.
- To monitor the Host’s interaction with guests and other colleagues and to assist when needed.
- To foster and promote a cooperative climate, maximizing productivity and colleague morale.
- To impart awareness of quality and brand standards across the Resort.
- To improve the annual Strategic Planning process through constant evaluation, communication changes and implementing lessons learned.
- To oversee preparation of weekly schedule of the Host Department.
- To distribute all work-related information to the Host Supervisors/Team Leaders and Hosts.
- To have product knowledge of all villas as well as the services provided by the Host Department and all the Departments and their respective schedules.
- To ensure that all colleagues have proper supplies and tools for their daily tasks and activities.
- To ensure that all maintenance requests are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- To ensure that all F&B deliveries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- To ensure that all service areas (pantries and corridors) are always kept clean and tidy.
The ideal candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in the same role in an International Ultra-Luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 01:52:21 GMT