Job title: Manager – Secretarial
Job description: Company Description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide
The Manager-Secretarial will maintain client relationship including handling client issues and demands.
The Manager-Secretarial will act as the Checker before delivering work to clients and ensures compliance to the Group and Company compliance policies as well as local regulatory framework.
The Manager-Secretarial will liaise with the Director – Client Coverage / Client Coverage Manager for delivery services to his/her client portfolio.
Train and coach team members working under his/her supervision or working on his/her client portfolio.
Review and approve the following:
- Change in business plan, approve WRS or attend special meeting for approval
- Approve request for payment and inform client once bank confirmation received.
- Letters to stakeholders such as ROC / FSC.
- Bank and/or custody account opening pack.
- Confirm that change in business plan is as per IQ-EQ policy and Mauritian law, review WRS.
- Verify request for payment and supporting document are compliant then send to Principal for approval.
- Verify that all documents, to be submitted for approval by board of directors, are compliant and necessary approval from local authorities are requested and obtained.
- For distribution of shares or dividend or redemption, ensure that the management accounts to-date and forecasted management accounts after transaction are available and confirm solvency of the client company prior and post the transaction. Verify resolution and notice of distribution where required prior to release.
- Liaise with shareholders, through Manager-Secretarial (where applicable) to provide duly filled-in and signed self-certification forms. Identify Reportable accounts and send to Senior Associate to input on JANUS. Send confirmation to client once done.
- Review PAN application form and board resolution and submit to Manager-Secretarial (where applicable) for approval.
- Resolutions for change in Auditors and FSC approval (where applicable); change in bank signatories; change of registered office. Submit for approval to the board of directors.
- TRC application before submission to FSC. Upon approval, send to FSC.
- Application for current standing certificate & application of certificate of good standing.
- Board resolutions for change of bank signatories / registered office / company secretary and related supporting documents/letters.
- Review board pack before submission to board members; participate in board meeting; review minutes before communicating to board members; sign minutes upon validation by all board members.
- Validate the board pack for investment, shares issuance/transfer, distribution of shares/dividend and present to BOD for approval. Upon confirmation, instruct the Senior Associate to execute the transaction. Proceed with the signature of new/revised agreement with the different parties.
- Sign correspondence to ROC, FSC and Registrar General for pledge of shares, release of shares and deregistration of pledge. Ensure relevant register is updated accordingly.
- Ensure FATCA/CRS reporting for all clients.
- For constitution adoption or amendment, obtain details from the client, agree the fee quote with the client after consultation with the Legal team. Upon approval, send to the Senior Associate to work with the Legal team to customise a standard constitution. Send the proposed constitution to the client for validation. Send the WRS for signature to adopt the constitution. Upon receipt of signed WRS, liaise with Legal for a legal certificate. Prepare and submit Form 12, with supporting document, on CBRIS and request a certified version of the constitution. Inform the client upon reception of the certified constitution.
- For amendment to a constitution, request approval of the shareholders/Directors’ resolution. Upon approval, sign the Form 12 – Notice of Adoption/ Alteration/ Revocation of Constitution. Review and sign-off the letter to ROC, copy FSC, and annex the supporting document.
- Work on complex assignments such as restructuring, financing, migration, amalgamation amongst others.
- Perform other Secretarial related tasks including special assignments and projects.
- Work together with the Director-Client Coverage / Client Coverage Manager to ensure a proper allocation of client/task to the team members.
- Participate and provide input to the performance review and development plan of team members whom he/she has worked with, trained or coached
- Ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree holder and/or related Professional qualification
- Minimum 7 years of managerial experience in a similar role / global business sector
- Experience in Corporate Administration and Secretarial matters
- Sound knowledge of Companies Act, Financial Services Act and relevant legislation affecting Global Business in Mauritius
Computer / program knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Microgen
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 07:14:13 GMT