Job title: (MAU) Manager Development
Job description: (MAU) Manager Development
Mauritius Req #16582
Thursday, August 3, 2023
Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
Our brand promise – Makes Work Life Better™ – is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers and their employees, our partners, and to the communities we operate in around the world. As the pace of change accelerates, our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win in today’s borderless, flexible, and skills-based work world.
Dayforce is Ceridian’s award-winning cloud HCM platform. Its single solution, single database, and single continuous calculation engine helps customers achieve increased efficiencies, productivity, and best-in-class compliance. Dayforce is the people platform for the global workforce.
Reporting to the Director – Product Development, the Development Manager is responsible for a team’s delivery of high quality innovative solutions for our customers. The Development Manager must have a proven technical background and ability to effectively manage a team of engineers. The Development Manager ensures that the development team is able to work efficiently with solid designs and clear short and long-term goals, mitigating any impediments in the process. From initial project scope to full life cycle development, the Development Manager assures successful delivery and operation of our solutions.
- Lead a team of software and quality engineers to deliver award-winning product
- Manage the day-to-day development rigor of multiple development projects / teams by documenting requirements, analyzing, scoping, planning, engineering, implementing, testing, and communicating
- Participate in key Scrum events and run daily stand-ups to assess and determine obstacles and risks in the current schedule and resolve them
- Contribute in enhancing Development Guidelines to improve consistency across the application
- Promote awareness and implementation of engineering best practices
- Work with Product Owners to plan and prioritize software deliveries, assembling sprint, release, and overall product roadmap plans
- Coordinate deliverables with other development teams to assure consistency and manage dependencies
- Write and review code as needed, and provide technical direction to the group in all phases of development
- Understanding of technical architectures, capacity plans, tool requirements, automation plans, product launch plans, and other deliverables
- Manage all HR-related tasks such as hiring, mentoring, performance reviews, provide performance feedback, and assist with career development of direct reports, conduct monthly 1-2-1’s etc…
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimal performance
- Celebrate success, recognize and promote excellent performers
- Ensure effective talent development around product, technology, processes and soft skills
- Continuously improve work processes and practices to ensure high quality deliverables
- Coordinate work with North American counterparts and ensure a smooth working relationship prevails
- Continuously enhance employee experience with a view to maintain high levels of employee engagement and retention
- Stay updated on emerging software development methodologies and technologies and ensure team is also actively involved through education, research and networking
- Successfully lead, communicate and implement change
- Lead tactical initiatives as assigned
- Have strong technical background to be able to challenge team on solutioning best practices.
- Foster a culture of innovation and ownership to drive the delivery of quality software, and actively seek ways to improve team engagement (measured through eNPS scores).
- Track and report on key metrics for Management information
- Perform other assigned duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Strong technical vision
- Experience in leading and successfully completing complex projects
- Demonstrate good understanding of Quality assurance process & tools
- Ability to learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs quickly
- Proficiency with SQL and a thorough understanding of relational database systems
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience managing the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications
- Proven ability in leading teams, projects and initiatives
- Solid object-oriented programming using C#, Java
- Front end web development with HTML5 and CSS
- .NET Framework 4.5, Web development including WCF and JSON
- ASP .NET MVC 4 or other MVC web frameworks
- Domain experience in HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Attendance is a significant plus
- Deep knowledge of the Dayforce architecture is a significant plus
- Experience in using and building Reporting tools
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.
Date posted: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 22:38:53 GMT