Job title: (MAU) Payroll Specialist I
Job description: (MAU) Payroll Specialist I
Mauritius Req #16571
Thursday, August 10, 2023
Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
Our brand promise – Makes Work Life Better™ – is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers and their employees, our partners, and to the communities we operate in around the world. As the pace of change accelerates, our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win in today’s borderless, flexible, and skills-based work world.
Dayforce is Ceridian’s award-winning cloud HCM platform. Its single solution, single database, and single continuous calculation engine helps customers achieve increased efficiencies, productivity, and best-in-class compliance. Dayforce is the people platform for the global workforce.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle are processed, reconciled, audited and transmitted accurately and timely for all assigned clients.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll impacting changes, payment and payroll processing for assigned clients.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing to ensure accuracy and low error or defect percentage.
- Work with cross- functional internal partners to resolve client payroll matters and employee enquires. (Support and Contact Centre)
- Leverages strong analytical and problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve incidents.
- Provide customers with regular and timely incident updates.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to the support knowledgebase.
- Create, update, and review standard operating procedures (SOP) and perform frequent and timely document reviews.
- Have an ‘I own it’ attitude about deliverables and projects from start to finish.
- Manage client and customer related task within the task management system ensuring all documentation is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Think and act ahead, spot opportunities and act accordingly and proactively contribute to process improvements.
Standard duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve delivery of tasks in accordance with agreed schedules, procedures, and standards.
- Meet or exceed process KPIs.
- Drive customer satisfaction by providing high quality of service.
- Execute corrective and preventive action plans.
- Record key delivery data for metrics purposes
- Aim at becoming a Subject Matter Expert in process.
- Be an effective team player
- Proactively highlight risks
- Ensure that complaints are proactively escalated
- Seek and respond to development feedback.
Degree of Independence/Supervision required
- Reports to Associate Manager/Manager
- Promptly escalate exceptions to Associate Manager/Manager/Director
- Accountable for individual performance
- Experience in high volume payroll operation. End to end payroll experience is a plus.
- Experience in the payroll outsourcing or consulting industry preferred
- Requires a clear understanding of payroll, RTI and an understanding of applicable legislative requirements
- Time Management and prioritization
- Previous customer support experience
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills using a variety of media dependent on the situation
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Telephone manner
- Analytical and Reporting Skills
- Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Quality Focus
- Results orientation
- Capacity to adapt to Change
- People Sensitivity
- Customer Orientation
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Results Orientation
- Information Seeking
- Distribution of Knowledge
- Systems Orientation / Attention to detail
- HSC Holder or Higher Education
- CIPP certification is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of GDPR
- At least 2 years of work experience in a customer-facing office environment
- UK working hours (11:30 am to 8:30 pm)
- Ability to work overtime (Weekday/Weekend) during year end season and including Mauritius public holidays
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.
Date posted: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 01:29:50 GMT