Job title: (MAU) Software Developer (Java)
Job description: (MAU) Software Developer (Java)
Mauritius Req #16933
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
Our brand promise – Makes Work Life Better™ – is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers and their employees, our partners, and to the communities we operate in around the world. As the pace of change accelerates, our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win in today’s borderless, flexible, and skills-based work world.
Dayforce is Ceridian’s award-winning cloud HCM platform. Its single solution, single database, and single continuous calculation engine helps customers achieve increased efficiencies, productivity, and best-in-class compliance. Dayforce is the people platform for the global workforce.
Software Developer (Java)
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team to ensure the quality of deliverables throughout the agile software development life cycle.
- You will analyze, design, prototype, program, test and support – the complete software lifecycle is in your hands!
- You will create and enhance a scalable payment system for our enterprise payroll product.
- Actively participate in continuous application improvements by developing automated tests.
- Conduct regular code review with developers to improve code quality and avoid critical defects
- Work with other teams to do root cause analysis on production issues.
- You will mentor other developers using your experience with advanced JAVA development or relevant framework
- You will help standardize and encourage the use of proper design patterns and best practices
- Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across multiple technologies.
- Maintain, and troubleshoot automated test suites/development work through continuous integration.
- Analyze automated test results and improve automated test coverage to maintain product quality
- Identify and offer ways to improve code testability and maintainability
- Be adaptable in learning new methodologies and technologies to improve the automated testing processes.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-3years of experience, preferably in either a Software Development Engineer
- 2+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java with good knowledge in Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and excellent understanding of the development process
- Inquisitive attitude a must
- 2+ years of experience in object-relational mapping tool like Hibernate framework
Good to have (But will consider even if not present):
- Desired Experience Cucumber
- Performance testing experience
- Spring and spring boot
- Java Messaging Service
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.
Date posted: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 06:45:03 GMT