Job title: (MAU) Test Automation Engineer
Job description: (MAU) Test Automation Engineer
Mauritius Req #16799
Monday, September 4, 2023
Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region.
Our brand promise – Makes Work Life Better™ – is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers and their employees, our partners, and to the communities we operate in around the world. As the pace of change accelerates, our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win in today’s borderless, flexible, and skills-based work world.
Dayforce is Ceridian’s award-winning cloud HCM platform. Its single solution, single database, and single continuous calculation engine helps customers achieve increased efficiencies, productivity, and best-in-class compliance. Dayforce is the people platform for the global workforce.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Test Automation Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables throughout the agile development lifecycle.
The Test Automation Engineer is a coder who is primarily responsible for creating automated tests and improving code testability. You are passionate about software quality and enjoy refactoring automation framework to make it more efficient. You enjoy working as a team to identify which areas of the application to focus our automation efforts and increase code coverage. By working closely with our QA analyst and developers, the automated tests you write will help determine if the software is ready for production.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and software development in test related experience.
What you’ll get to do:
- Actively participate in continuous application improvements by developing automated tests
- Coordinate with developers, QA analysts and product owners to produce stable, maintainable and reliable automated tests
- Ensure automated tests are effectively covering new product features and associated requirements
- Analyze automated test results and improve automated test coverage to maintain product quality
- Improve and implement automation framework code to expand automated test coverage
- Be adaptable in learning new methodologies and technologies to improve the automated testing processes
- Become a product expert in functional and technical knowledge in all areas
Skills and Experience we value:
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development
- Experience and knowledge in Object Oriented Programming using C# / Java
- Solid experience in writing maintainable code and creating automated test scripts for tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, FitNesse and Jmeter
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and excellent understanding of the development process
- Inquisitive attitude a must
- Experience working with API testing
- Experience working with enterprise applications
- Experience working with Cloud Azure testing
What would make you stand out:
- Experience working in HCM or Payroll space strongly preferred
- Experience with performance testing is a plus
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.
Date posted: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 03:53:37 GMT