Job title: Officer, Fund Administration
Job description: Company Description
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Job title: Officer – Fund Administration
Department: Global Funds
Reporting to: Manager or Unit Head (or any other designated person)
Purpose of the Job
To provide professional administrative support to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the business’ Policies and Procedures.
– To support the administration of a portfolio of Fund structures and other entities to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
– To operate the monthly and quarterly distributions process for a large growing portfolio
– To monitor cash flow and prepare payments using various online banking systems
– To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities
– To prepare client deliverables in line with deadlines of the portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined for each client
– Ensure overall quality of client deliverables (e.g. resolutions, minutes) are up to required standards at all times
– Liaise with Accounting teams to ensure completion of the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetable
– Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to
– Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team
– Become acquainted with the local regulatory and legal environment (Companies Act, Securities Act etc.) and constitutive documents of clients (LPA, constitution etc.).
Where time allows, other duties may include providing assistance to the Fund administration team on the following: –
– Collating and reviewing client due diligence documents/information and assisting with the assessment of client credibility
– To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff
– To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships on matters relevant to you
– To assist with the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian
– To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change
– To undertake periodic reviews of clients’ matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Unit Head
– To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
– Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Unit Head where appropriate
– To maintain an awareness and understanding of applicable Regulatory requirements
– Carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time
– Educated to A level or equivalent;
– ICSA, STEP, ACCA or ICAEW part qualified (at least first level completed) and/or a university degree in Administration, Law or Management from a recognised institution or any relevant field, or any professional qualification related to the Global or financial sector.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
– Ideally a minimum of 1 years’ experience in funds/trust and company administration or financial services environment.
– A comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of funds/trust administration, Accounting and the tax implications of various structures.
– Strong IT skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
– Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
– A solution driven attitude to problems.
– Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
– Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
– Team spirited.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
Date posted: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 22:44:14 GMT