Job title: Programme Coordinator – SB4
Job description: Organizational Setting
The Program Unit uses the knowledge and resources of FAO and its partners to help the country to meet its priorities and build capacity at all levels through participation in national initiatives. To this end, the Program Unit, in close collaboration with the Operations and Administration Units, develops a strategy for the implementation of FAO’s Strategic Objectives through the Country Programming Framework.
FAO Representative in Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros, Seychelles.
Under the direct managerial and administrative leadership of the FAO Representative in Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros, Seychelles as the Budget Holder and direct supervision by the Deputy FAO Representative.
Project management and coordination.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of FAOR Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros, Seychelles and the technical supervision of DFAOR and in close collaboration with the FAO National Correspondent, the Programme Coordinator/ Specialist will be responsible to:
- Support government request from concept note for technical assistance for project proposals and development in collaboration with national partners and FAO until finalisation of project document;
- Participate in the design, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of projects;
- Ensure smooth project implementation and related work aspects by using FAO online tools: FPMIS, IMIS, COIN and GRMS;
- Update monitoring and evaluation tools / dashboards for ongoing projects/programs required for periodic evaluations;
- Participate in meetings, discussions and relations with partners on project proposals;
- Participate in PMT/SMT Meetings;
- Support FAO in-country missions;
- Support government and consultants with submission of periodic and final project technical terminal reports;
- Ensure timely submission of deliverable reports in close collaboration from consultants/national project coordinators;
- Participate in online or direct training provided by FAO;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Environmental/ Agricultural sciences, social sciences, business or related subject;
- Five years of relevant experience in project/programme management;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and French;
- Nationality of Mauritius.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong project management and organizational skills,
- Computer literacy,
- Ability to provide team leadership and motivation,
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Date posted: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:04:36 GMT