Job title: PTP Trainee Intern
Job description: PTP Trainee Intern
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe and want to make a difference? Then waste no time and join our amazing team at Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
DHL Global Forwarding Mauritius has an opening for a PTP Trainee Intern. Join us now in connecting people and improving lives.
In this PTP Trainee Intern position
- You will be responsible for AP/ GL entries and book keeping of payment of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, receiving and posting cash receipts, posting of invoices, reconciling outstanding account balances, maintenance of accurate records and control reports, etc.
- You will build strong, trusting relationships with Stakeholders.
- You will adherence to set standards and compliance requirements – Ensure compliance with MOM (MEA Operating Model), DP DHL financial and accounting principles (e.g. IFRS), and local statutory requirements and ensure implementation of DGF’s iCON (internal control) is adhered to.
- You will ensure the monthly accounting and reporting activities are executed in line in accordance with the month end closed timetable and DP DHL guidelines, (e.g. IAS/IFRS principles and local GAAP).
- You will assist with any ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of the department as required.
- You will generate daily and ad-hoc reports.
- You will perform daily & weekly tasks as assigned.
- You will perform MEC Activities as assigned.
- You will Support Countries on External & Internal Audit Requirements
Now, here’s what we need from you
- HSC in accounting, ACCA Level 1 or equivalent
- Fluent in English & French
- Good communicator, both written and oral, must be able to communicate to Stakeholder
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World.
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: Connecting People, improving lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 01:52:05 GMT