Job title: Purchasing & Administrative Assistant
Company: Emcar Ltd
Job description: Job Description Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and control the end-to-end import & export activities for the Sport Business Unit, ensuring efficiently and effective processes for on-time delivery.
- Execute and monitor all regular purchasing requirements as per Business Unit Manager.
- Prepare reports and order summaries for Business Unit Manager (Sport).
- Is responsible for the preparation and processing of purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage and follows up on overseas orders.
- Handle and monitor of claims to foreign suppliers for damaged or missing items.
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of goods between foreign suppliers / forwarding agents to ensure that all goods are delivered on time to meet shipping schedules.
- Assist BU Manager in negotiations with forwarding agents (sales) for better tariffs and services.
- Provide export commercial invoices to foreign clients for customs and clearings purposes.
- Give instructions to clearing agents and follows up the clearing process to ensure on time deliveries as per respective deadlines, avoiding delays and penalties.
- Liaise with the accounts department to issue MRA cheques for validation of bill of entries and deliveries.
- Approve all import/clearing invoices before BU manager and then, hand over to the accounts department for payment as per terms and conditions.
- Conduct all administrative jobs attached to the position on the designated systems and in line with the company’s policies and procedures. Specifically (but not exhaustively):
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing on SAP.
- Perform transfers on SAP as and when required
- Stock Management for the sport BU (to avoid over stock / out of stock )
- Participate in any training and development opportunities offered by the company.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualification & Experience:
- HSC or equivalent
- Certificate in Administration / Purchasing
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in a Retail environment
- Excellent communication skills – both English and French
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office, SAP software etc.
- Ready to work odd hours if required
About Emcar Ltd
Emcar Ltd is a family-run trading company based in Mauritius, involved in different sectors and activities. Leader since decades in some of its activities, and cooperating with internationally recognized partners and brands, such as Suzuki or Kymco, Emcar Ltd meets the expectations of its customers by offering high-quality and reliable products.
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 02:31:14 GMT