Job title: Purchasing Officer
Company: Dry Cleaning Services Ltd
Job description: About us:
Dry Cleaning Services (DCS) is the pioneer and top solution provider of laundry services in Mauritius.
With a cleanliness expertise of 75 years, DCS has inscribed itself as a pioneer and became a leading entity in specialised and high quality cleaning services throughout the years. Our company now provides its wide range of proficient and proven services as well as high-end technological equipment to hotels, airlines, hospitals and clinics amongst others. With our customers and their satisfaction at the heart of our core values, we are set to deliver spotless excellence and sparkling commitment within each of the tasks entrusted to us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to all purchase request from team members and ensure that Purchase Order is communicated to supplier so far as reasonably practicable.
- Conduct research, select and purchase quality products and materials as per specification provided
- Expedite and monitor all Purchase Orders approved on the digital platform
- Ensure that there are no discrepancies between items ordered and delivered.
- Conduct regular supplier evaluation to ensure that the company is purchasing quality products at the most competitive price.
- Build good working relationship with suppliers
- Notify team members promptly when goods are delivered.
- Liaise with finance team to ensure that payment is carried out in an efficient manner and within prescribed period.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analysis
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with Store department regularly to ensure that Stores are properly supplied with products and that there is no shortage of product so far as reasonably practicable
- Minimum a degree in the related field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in similar position
- Proficient in and PO management software programs.
- Have good knowledge of market research,
- Knowledge of imports procedures would be an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Results orientated
- Strong communication, skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools
- A good command of English language
Date Posted September 13, 2023
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 06:56:17 GMT