Job title: Senior Accountant
Job description: Company Description
Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth. As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Our Employee Incentives business is a significant business for us and this role offers the opportunity to work with an energetic and collaborative team where you will be supported to grow and learn all aspects of the role in an enjoyable work environment.
Being part of the Luxembourg Desk in Mauritius and provide support and assistance to the Luxembourg Capital Market department.
To accurately process accounting records and prepare complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and coach the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s) and/or Junior Accountant(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Take responsibility for the accounting and administration for a allocated portfolio of clients in structured finance and debt structures
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for more complex clients
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and meeting client service expectations
- Review simple to complex client deliverables (interim reporting, distribution workings, interest accruals) to assist the Manager when required
- Review bank, investment and any other reconciliations of junior team members
- Review VAT/TAX returns and regulatory reporting for clients as prepared by Accountant(s),
- Prepare annual financial statements/ad hoc reporting in accordance with LUX GAAP and IFRS.
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) whenever required
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
- Assist the Manager and other members of management team, providing daily support as requested.
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Manager
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is prepared & kept (in cases of reviewing work) to the required Ocorian standards and/or agreed upon procedures
- Assist with ad hoc accounting tasks or projects as and when requested
- Preparing budget for client deliverables
- Escalating of any client matter/issue/complaint to the Assistant Manager/Manager promptly
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to Capital Market is desirable.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of preparing client accounts
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of LUX GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Ability to operate most accounting software
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong technical skills in accounting field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- Excellent team player
- Can lead and coach small team
- Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged
- Detailed oriented
- Committed to quality and delivering on time
- Effective problem solver
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be ;
- We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective ;
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
Date posted: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 04:12:28 GMT