Job title: Senior Associate (Data Privacy and Protection) – Technology Consulting – EY Mauritius
Job description: At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies.
Technology has fundamentally transformed the notion of privacy – what it means to affected stakeholders (individuals, regulators, organizations) and how each party can remain accountable in a world that technology has turned on its head. Today’s privacy regulations are evolving all around the world and in the region with the increasing data protection and privacy requirements to protect personal data.
Our Data Protection and Privacy Consulting Services are meant to assist organizations in handling these new regulations, trends and risks, by ensuring a regulatory compliant flow of personal data, supporting their business. Being a part of the team, you will be involved in the following activities:
Your key responsibilities
- Designing and implementing data protection and privacy programs at our clients supporting their business
- Evaluating the data protection and privacy practices of our clients
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments
- Supporting and guiding our clients in adhering to the complex web of relevant national and international regulations
- Deploying tools to support different aspects of data protection and privacy
- Ensuring a harmonized approach towards data protection and privacy by bringing together our client’s stakeholders (e.g., legal, compliance, risk, human resources, security functions)
- Assisting clients in privacy related incident response activities
- Provide other related services pertaining to data protection and privacy
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to efficiently understand client organizations and their business model and to tailor relevant processes to privacy requirements
- Communicate effectively with different stakeholders (e.g., business, legal, IT, security…) about data protection and privacy matters
- Have an analytical mindset, strive for quality and are able to work in a result-oriented environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in law, business, information technology, or other relevant discipline with 2-3 years of working experiences, preferably in the consulting space or industry
- Prior experience with relevant data protection and privacy laws, regulations, industry standards and frameworks
- Possession of relevant qualifications such as CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/E, CISM and/or CISSP as well as involvement in industry related organizations (e.g. IAPP, ISACA, (ISC)²) will be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior experience as part of a data protection team/function/compliance officer/auditor
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:06:20 GMT