Job title: Senior Officer, Fund Administration
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients’ hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Department: Global Funds
Reporting to: Manager or Unit Head (or any other designated person)
Purpose of the Job
To provide professional administrative support to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the business’ Policies and Procedures.
The main areas of focus for the Senior Officer (Fund Administration) will be (i) the day to day delivery of Administrative and Company Secretarial Services provided to the client & client entities in strict adherence to Policies, Processes, Procedures and Controls (PPC), ii) the pro-active management of services delivered by internal sub-contractors e.g. Fund Accounting or Compliance and iii) a first point of escalation for client issue resolution and B ) Assist the Manager/Unit Head with Team management and take ownership of certain processes and projects.
- Take ownership for an allocated portfolio of clients.
- To set and manage the deadlines of the portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined for each client.
- Ensure overall quality of client deliverables (e.g. resolutions, minutes) are up to required standards at all times.
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations.
- Liaise with Accounting teams to determine and prioritise client deadlines.
- Liaise with the Accounting teams to ensure that financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns are filed within deadlines.
- Liaise with Accounting teams to ensure completion of the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Review the work of, provide guidance and constructive feedback to other junior team members.
- Communicate effectively with the team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing.
- Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team.
- Assist the manager/ Unit Head in various aspects of team management, including involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, personal and professional development of team members.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities
- Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team
- Be fully acquainted with the local regulatory framework (Companies Act, Securities Act etc.) and the constitutive documents of portfolio of clients (LPA, constitution etc.).
Where time allows, other duties may include providing assistance to the Fund administration team on the following: –
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships on matters relevant to you
- To assist with the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients’ matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Unit Head
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Unit Head where appropriate
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of applicable Regulatory requirements
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time
– Educated to A level or equivalent;
– ICSA, STEP, ACCA or ICAEW part-qualified (nearing completion) and/or a University degree in Administration, Law and Management or any other relevant field, or any professional qualification related to the Global or financial sector.
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years experience in funds/trust and company administration or financial services environment.
- A comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of funds/trust administration, Accounting and the tax implications of various structures.
- Proven experience in the regulatory framework in the global business sector in Mauritius or elsewhere;
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirited.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 02:07:16 GMT