Job title: Supervisor, Sommelier
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Supervisor, Sommelier
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Supervisor, Sommelier is responsible for performing his/her assigned tasks to the highest professional standards and for displaying good salesmanship in up- selling skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To demonstrate excellent menu product knowledge.
- To display teamwork attitude towards his/her colleagues.
- To communicate with guests and to report guests’ feed back to the Head Sommelier.
- To ensure that service quality level is maintained at all times.
- To ensure that all mise-en-place are correctly done prior to service.
- To present the wine list within the time parameters set by the resort.
- To ensure that requisitions are placed according to the restaurants/bar’s requirements and that wastage is minimized as well as controlled by documentation as per the SOPs of the resort.
- To ensure the least breakage of glasses by working in a professional manner.
- To attend and to participate in allocated team events.
- To participate in required job-related training.
- To report incidents of breakages, equipment repair and maintenance to the Head Sommelier.
- To always maintain highest level of hygiene.
- To be fully aware about all health and safety, fire, and emergency procedures.
- To apply and to adhere to rules and regulations as per employee handbook, departmental as well as resort policies and procedures.
- To handle any guest complaints in a professional manner.
- To check, read and understand restaurant diary or communication booklet, ensuring all information is well-communicated before starting a shift.
- To review the guest preferences, prior to approach guest tables, if recorded, as promised to our customers.
- To double check the guest checks/bills before presenting to the customer, ensuring no discrepancies.
- To ensure the vintages are always updated.
- To ensure that the Sommelier and Commis Sommelier keep the wine not more than 5 days open and that the wine rotate properly without any manipulation.
- To train the Sommelier and Commis Sommelier in knowledge and service.
The desired qualification for this role is at least a School Certificate and a National Certificate level 3 in Restaurant and Bar Service. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in the same role in an international ultra-luxury resort and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Position open for locals only
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 07:38:23 GMT