Job title: Technology Risk – (Assistant, Executive & Assistant Manager) – Consulting – EY Mauritius
Job description: Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. Technology provides businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets, and change the way they operate. As well as opening a world of opportunities, technology exposes organisations to a variety of risks. We help our clients to identify and manage these risks to protect their stakeholders.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, EY supports organisations in managing their risks, exploiting opportunities and operating effectively. Our clients seek independent advice and assurance on diverse issues including design and operation of their internal controls, security of their business-critical systems, delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
Our Technology Risk team sits within EY’s Consulting business and forms part of our broader Risk practice. We are looking to recruit associates, seniors and assistant managers who can work directly with our clients to help them understand and address risks associated with the technologies that support their business.
You will be an influential member and will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, including IT consulting/assurance, IT external audit support (known in EY as FAIT or Financial Audit IT), IT internal audit, IT components of regulatory reviews and other assurance-related activities. This portfolio also includes working alongside with our wider Consulting and Assurance colleagues to help clients protect their reputation by mitigating their business, financial reporting and IT risks, on a broad range of topics where design or effectiveness reviews over IT and data controls are required.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to plan and deliver IT risk and control advisory engagements. This will involve interacting at operational/senior level with client staff, managing or supporting multiple assignments, and leading teams of EY personnel (for seniors and assistant managers). You will be stretched to learn about new IT risk areas, sometimes as they evolve, work across a broad range of clients in multiple sectors, and deal with complex and demanding issues daily. Other responsibilities include:
- Support and lead a portfolio of projects with our clients within agreed time and budget, including the day-to-day running and quality of deliverables
- Maintain internal and external relationships with different stakeholders as required
- Coach team members and support continuous learning (for seniors and assistant managers)
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and topics, and seek learning/training
- Use and follow a flexible and adaptable approach based on our clients’ requirements
To quality for this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and other related fields. STEM degrees will also be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience (for seniors). No experience is required for associate level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Skills And Attributes For Success
Delivering either assurance or advisory services in one or more of the areas listed below is required for seniors and assistant managers.
- IT risk, control and audit:
- Performing walkthrough and testing procedures for IT general controls (e.g., logical access, change management)
- Technical configuration reviews around commonly used technology platforms (e.g., database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, operating systems such as Windows and different flavours of Linux/Unix)
- Process control mapping (for risks and controls) and documentation
- Core external audit methodology including audit planning, audit documentation, audit testing including exception handling, use of electronic working paper systems etc.
- IT Risk Management: Process controls, IT general controls, segregation of duties, migration risks and controls, hyper-care controls, interface controls etc.
- Control frameworks such as ISAE3402 frameworks, SSAE18 frameworks, other third-party reporting (e.g., ISAE 3000/SOC2), COSO, COBIT, data privacy/protection, ISO 27000 standards
In addition, the following are critical for success:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to an agile and flexible working style with continuous learning
- Ability to work independently leveraging on EY’s extensive knowledge databases and seeking support where required
- Ability to maintain excellent client relationships and manage expectations
- Maintain high quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to details
- Build relationships with colleagues across teams (including other EY offices), supporting them and promoting a diverse and collaborative culture
- Adhering to EY’s policies and practices
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Have an industry certification such as CISA, CISM, CGEIT, PMP, PRINCE2, CISSP or other similar certifications
What We Look For
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the Technology Risk field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. We are looking for high performing individuals with the passion and commitment to support to grow our practice. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to build a better working world by helping organisations to identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in professional services., this role is for you.
What We Offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
Join us in building a better working world.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 22:02:02 GMT