Job title: Trade Finance Specialist (Banking / Credit / Trade / Finance) – Port Louis, Mauritius
Company: CA Global
Job description: Our client within the banking sector is currently seeking a Trade Finance Specialist to handle and oversee the Trade Finance activities. The incumbent will be responsible to operate efficiently the section in line with established procedures and trade regulations while overseeing the processing of trade transactions with a view to satisfy internal and external customers.
- Ensure all Trade Finance activities are carried out in compliance with Policies, Rules and Regulations
- Import and Export financing & establishment of Letters of Credit and other related trade instruments.
- Issuance of Bank Guarantees locally and outside Mauritius
- Examine and execute documentary credits request.
- Maintain liaison with Treasury/ Lines of business for optimal Service Delivery
- Enhance Customer experience by maintaining agreed Service Levels
- Process varied and complex Trade documents, including but not limited to checking Export and Import bills and handling transferable letter of credit applications, amendment applications and transfers
- Handling Standby Letter of Credit and guarantees in accordance with policies.
- Handle remittance verifications operations.
- Ensure daily nostro reconciliation of trade/ remittance related entries.
- Engage in Trade related projects and other operational improvement initiatives
- Participate in bank/corporate customer meetings on an as needed basis
- Handling enquiries from both internal and external Stakeholders
- Accurate and timely reports for senior Management
- Diarise import and export acceptance bills
- Send Tracers for overdue/unpaid import and export bills
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Banking/Finance/Accounting or any related field; however, a Master degree would definitely be an advantage
- Trade Certification CITF, CDCS or CSDG
- At least 10 years working experience within Trade Finance (specialization in Trade Product)
Technical & Behavioural skills:
- Sound Import and Export trade related knowledge and experience
- Sound knowledge of Inwards/Outwards Remittances processes
- Experience in handling applications and submissions including letters of credit, Transferable documentary credit, standby letter of Credit and other specialized documentary credit
- Experience in handling bank guarantees locally and outside Mauritius
- Experience in document checking and documentary credit opening
- Solid command of both written and verbal English
- Detail conscious approach with the ability to work effectively and independently
- Knowledge of ICC rules (UCP600, URC522, ISBP, URDG758, ISP98, Incoterms)
- Exposure to Regulatory reporting pertaining to Trade Finance
- Proven experience in handling /coaching teams
- Prior experience to successfully driving initiatives/projects
- Knowledge in Finacle Banking system will be an advantage
- Ability to prepare management reports and presentation to internal and external customers.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 07:56:02 GMT