Job title: Associate Manager
Company: Apex Group
Job description: Description
Role Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Department: Fund Admin Services
Employment Type: Permanent
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of Unit deliverables including effective management of the resources and activities.
- Ensure high quality service delivery within Unit.
- Oversee, review and monitor work done by the Unit members.
- Review timesheets, identify, and take actions for spare capacity v/s overloaded staff.
- Provide regular updates on all operational aspects of Unit deliverables to Unit Head.
- Identifying training needs and communicate to Unit Head.
- Mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Assisting in a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Show understanding of business risks in the Global Business Sector (GBS) and approach day to day work with a risk minimisation mind-set.
- Proactively identify areas of operational risks, prescribe actions to mitigate risk, and escalate accordingly.
- Perform customer due diligence (CDD) as per AML Code and maintain an updated list of CDD for all companies.
- Liaise with auditors as required (for highly technical & complex issues) with respect to administration part.
- Manage client relationships and service delivery for allocated clients and/or functions, ensuring that client requirements and requests are met consistently to the highest standard and within deadlines and that clients are satisfied with level of service.
- Have regular meetings with team members to ensure proper work allocations and prioritization.
- Diligently perform Performance Appraisal of team members by comparing objectives and actual achievements based on facts.
- Demonstrate application of customer driven approach and coach team members.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required on request of the Unit Head.
- Professional qualification – CA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience post a degree or professional qualification in the finance and accounting industry.
- An understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and strong Excel and data analytical skills with the ability to create and analyze dashboards, reports, spreadsheets and other statistics.
- Team player and ability to motivate and influence a team.
- High managerial and leadership and people skills.
- Exposure to IT systems/platforms and excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs; and
- Commercial awareness.
What you will get in return:
A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 02:01:41 GMT