Job title: Capital Markets (CM) Operations Technology Lead
Job description: .
A powerful combination
It’s never been a more exciting time to join our organisation. Tricor and Vistra have now merged to form one organisation, which means we’re now a powerhouse of over 9000 colleagues in 50+ jurisdictions across the globe. We’re seizing the opportunity to create a purpose-led organisation that will unlock significant value for our business, our clients, and our people.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Capital Markets (CM) Operations Technology Lead, based in our Vistra, Mauritius office. This full-time and permanent position is based in Mauritius and offers regional coverage, allowing you to make a significant impact to our Capital Markets Team and its’ growth.
Purpose of the role –
To define and deliver the operational application strategy and solutions for the global Capital Markets team ensuring it is fit for purpose and meeting business requirements. The Capital Markets (CM) Operations Technology Lead serves as the functional, technical and strategic link between the Head of Loan Admin and Country Capital Markets business lead and the wider business, thereby enabling the application/ platform to meet the needs of the global stakeholders. They work with the wide Fund Solutions (PE/RE/Open Ended Funds) Operations Technology team and business community to deliver on a mutually agreed application roadmap, whilst simultaneously ensuring the smooth and efficient running of that application suite.
- Jointly responsible with the Head of Loan Admin and Country Capital Markets business lead/s for maintaining and implementing the integrated roadmap, associated projects, change backlog, and ensuring this is aligned to the strategic vision of the product/service offering
- Project manage L3/L4 changes to the application stack and and/or provide direct oversight on larger projects within the wider Fund Solutions Operations Technology team
- People Manager of BA resource, who report into this role to support with typical Business Analysis, UAT support, reporting and application administration support
- Responsible for ensuring the platform is run effectively, properly governed, controlled and that the business users are fully trained and supported (includes vendor management for multiple applications)
- Work closely with the Group Technology, Business and the Vendor on change prioritisation and sequencing, with practical consideration to benefits, costs, resource constraints, dependencies, technology/business strategy, risk, complexity, governance, architectural integrity and technical fit with platforms
- Drive the continuous improvement of the platform by reviewing backlog, enhancement requests and upcoming business requirements
- Manage and enhance reporting requirements utilising SSRS and other reporting suite
- Key sign off and approver of all application changes, and ensure changes are made within a controlled environment and according to best practice
- Help standardize development and deployment processes and standardize / consolidate relevant applications where possible
- Act as an escalation point for any technology issues and risks that need to be addressed related to the Vendor
- Participate in budgetary, business planning, business development and project management processes
Attributes & Skills –
- Expert level knowledge of one or more of the following applications; Wall Street Office, Solvas, Sentry, CLO Suite or Hypoport.
- Strong SQL programming skills, including the ability to create and maintain stored procedures and advanced queries, functions and triggers.
- Strong technical, commercial and strategic awareness related to the platform service offering, processes, controls and associated business data
- An expert level understanding of the relevant technology and applications, which this platform currently includes or progresses into including following market innovations.
- Strong knowledge of project/change management processes, governance and controls operating within a multinational and matrixed financial services group
- Demonstrable experience in leadership with an ability to display diplomacy and good judgement
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with natural ability to adapt language and communication style to suit the intended recipient
Relevant Experience –
- Experience in leading relevant, multi-office and/or global implementations as an Application Manager, Component Analyst, or Business Systems Manager in a Global Fund Administrative Company or alternative fund administrators.
- Initial experience in a related, structuring, banking or small business operations role and moved into the systems side.
- Education to degree standard (or qualified by experience)
- Qualifications relating specifically to the relevant application area/ Capital Markets
- Project/change management qualifications (e.g. Agile, Prince2)
- Operational and business analysis qualifications (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
Company Benefits –
At our Vistra Mauritius office, we believe in putting our employees’ well-being first! We offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement and probation leave.
Additionally, we provide a Medical Scheme, Sponsored ACCA and ICSA, Study/Examination Leave, Pension Scheme, Group Personal Accident, Death & Disability Cover and an excellent job exposure and career prospects.
If you are excited about working with us, we encourage you to apply or have a confidential chat with one of our Talent Acquisition team members. Our goal is to make this a great place to work where all our people can thrive. We hope you join us on this exciting journey!
Date posted: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 00:39:29 GMT