Job title: Credit Controller
Job description: Description de l’entreprise:
Our client is a family-run trading company based in Mauritius, involved in different sectors and activities. Leader since decades in some of its activities, and cooperating with internationally recognized partners and brands.
Description des missions:
- Verify and ensure that all invoices are settled by customers within agreed payment deadlines and that credit limits are not exceeded.
- Carry out all work with a high level of reliability, accuracy, in line with accounting standards and procedures, and providing an excellent customer service to the company’s external and internal customers.
- Responsible for obtaining cheques from debtors.
- Responsible for reconciling receipts from customers.
- Answer to customers’ queries in relation to the customers’ debtors account.
- Follow up with customers by phone for payment of their outstanding amounts and sends reminders/remittance by email and letter.
- Send statements of accounts to customers monthly.
- Approve credit limits for customers.
- Conduct KYC for new customers and make the necessary recommendations.
- Reconcile the sales of all business units done at the end of the month
- Check all receipts of all business units for all incoming payments.
- Reconcile all transactions from one month to the other in respect of debtors.
- Perform other administrative duties as and when required, on the designated systems and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix payment plans and set up terms and conditions.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of all debtors related periodic/regular and ad hoc reports.
- Ensure prompt reply to both clients and internal feedback.
- Collaborate with legal attorneys to discuss appropriate terms and conditions for debt repayment and assist in case of initiation of legal action against a debtor.
- Oversees the archiving of documents via an external service provider.
- Is professional, polite, and courteous to the company’s internal and external customers and suppliers at all times, promoting the excellent image and reputation of the company.
- Perform any other cognate duties as and when required by Management.
Formations, compétences et expériences:
- HSC or equivalent
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar field
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities, organise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to produce and present reports / statistics as and when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both English and French
- Good IT skills
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
Date posted: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 06:04:24 GMT