Job title: Head Sommelier
Company: Kerzner International
Job description: Head Sommelier
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Sparkling in warm Indian Ocean, on a private peninsula wrapped in ribbons of sand, One&Only Le Saint Géran is a vibrant tropical playground where the marvels of Mauritius are revealed in ultimate style. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the Role
The Head Sommelier must foresee, organize and manage the service. He/She must ensure that he/she has enough inventory and its equipment. He is in charge of the selection of wines and is in charge of his/her buying and sales, as well as its storage and store inventory. The Head Sommelier delivers and controls the delivery in various departments, as well as organizes wine dinner and events. He/She receives delivery and negotiates with suppliers. During the service, the Head Sommelier will be close to our guests and will make sure that everything is as they wish (and even better; will solve eventual problems, ensuring that himself/herself and his/her staff always promote the image of the business, have detailed product knowledge and maximize sales. After the service, the Head Sommelier will check the daily charge reports, will assist in the management of costs and will keep lost to a minimum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must buy and sell at a good price to maximize the ratio of the cellar.
- To ensure respect for standard.
- To assist and support staff in their personal development.
- To improve the customer relationship.
- To ensure communication (informing others, listening to instructions, passing on messages).
- To conduct store inventory.
- To anticipate the volume of business, taking into consideration the peak/low seasons, holidays and general activities in the Resort.
- To inspect all Outlet’s equipment such as decanters, openers, wine lists and refrigerators continuously and keep them well maintained to ensure proper functioning.
- To re-evaluate and restructure the wine list(s) to an award-winning level for all major global publications.
- To develop and maintain the highest standard of quality as they relate to presentation, supervision and control of wine service in all Outlets, In Villa Dining and Excursions.
- To build and maintain a strong and efficient sales & support team within supervisors and employees.
- To create loyal and trustworthy staff who takes pride in their work, thereby providing the highest level of service possible.
- To be constantly inspecting all Outlets and In Villa Dining for clean, presentable and updated wine lists.
- To assist in preparing the annual wine sales plan and promotion matrix.
- To finalize the weekly roster.
- To adhere to the rules & regulations of the Resort.
- To conduct wine inventories on a regular basis, together with the Cost Controller and the Assistant Manager, Sommelier.
- To advise on slow moving items and to recommend required action, where and when necessary.
- To review wine sales in all Outlets on a regular basis.
- To schedule monthly staff training.
- To ensure that all Outlet managers are fully aware of current and future house pours, new additions and estimated sales targets.
The ideal candidate should have at least a diploma in Tourism Management. The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in the same role in an International Ultra-Luxury resort or in a prestigious group and must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Date posted: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:14:27 GMT