Job title: Junior Wintel Engineer
Company: Rank Group
Job description: Company Description
Rank Interactive, the digital arm of the Rank Group plc, stands as a leading global digital gaming company fuelled by top-tier talent and technology.
Recognised through iconic brands, our products and our people, we bring entertainment to millions of people worldwide on various devices daily.
Operating with a multi-branded strategy, we offer online entertainment, bingo and slot gaming, along with a social gaming mobile experience, using a mix of proprietary and licensed software.
With offices in the UK, Gibraltar, Malta, Barcelona, Mauritius, South Africa, and Israel and approximately 8,000 employees under the wider group globally; we unite people and entertainment across diverse digital channels.
Joining our high-performing and inclusive culture, you’ll instantly become part of a team supporting our customer-facing initiatives.
As part of the off-shore IT Support team you will be based in our Mauritius Call Centre. You will be providing excellent technical support for datacentre and remote sites to support our business. You will be responsible for the full life cycle of our hosting infrastructure from implementation, operation and decommissioning. Support will include resolving incidents, problems and service requests assigned to you via our central Service Desk as well as performing scheduled and pro-active maintenance.
You will be required to liaise with other technical teams, working collaboratively to fulfil requirements. You will also need to resolve software configuration issues, ensure software and security compliance. At Rank Group we follow ITIL processes and you will be expected to follow best practice and maintain documentation to keep it current.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- The ability to assist and develop knowledge on the following points
- OS management, and virtualisation support for the server environment
- Full lifecycle support for the server environment
- Operational support for the messaging environment including Exchange online, Teams and Sharepoint online services
- Management of the messaging/O365 environment ensuring maximum availability to our clients while maintaining security
- Infrastructure Hardware and Software Management
- Management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Management of Azure AD linked to Active Directory
- Management of Ranks Certificate Authority and PKI infrastructure
- Troubleshooting, repair, and escalation of incidents for Hosting environment
- Provide reporting of server systems as required
- Perform inventory management and ensure data accuracy of asset management
- Perform continuous service improvements in line with industry best practices on an ongoing basis
- An understanding of Windows Server OS
- Knowledge of a WinTel infrastructure role
- Knowledge of Virtualisation using either VMWare or Hyper-V
- An understanding of Exchange Online
- An understanding of Exchange Server
- A basic level of knowledge of Microsoft O365
- Knowledge of Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy
- Knowledge of SANs and NAS devices
- Knowledge of virtual storage
- Infrastructure hardware knowledge
- ITIL understanding
- Basic level of command line administration like Powershell
You’re probably wondering outside of a fun, exciting and varied role – what else do you get? You’ll get a fantastic salary combined with some leading benefits. Wellbeing@Rank is important to us too… From hybrid working and colleague support networks to menopause support and weekly PepTalks, we’re here for you.
We’ll also invest in your growth by providing development opportunities, leadership training and cutting-edge industry certifications so you have the tools and resources to help you work, win and grow with us.
Immerse yourself in new cultures and gain international exposure through our global business. Collaborate with colleagues from around the globe.
The Rank Group are committed to being an inclusive employer, ensuring that we better understand and meet the needs and requirements of our candidates and customers.
We aim to do this by facilitating fair and equal access to our services. If you require a reasonable adjustment to be made, please reach out to let us know ahead of your interview.
Date posted: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 23:33:43 GMT