Job title: Senior IT SMO Engineer (24/7 rotation)
Company: SD Worx
Job description: At SD Worx Mauritius, we are focused on building capability and flexibility to meet the growth of the business whilst increasing the profitability across the organisation. We support SD Worx on most of the business areas such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Software Development, Testing, Implementation and Service Delivery. There are numerous opportunities at SD Worx Mauritius for people with the right blend of skills, experience and character! Are you ready to join us?
What do we have to offer?
- An attractive salary based on your experience and achievement. Including allowances for transport, internet and mobile (more information available during interview) with an addition of medical insurance fully paid by SD Worx for you and 2 dependents (upgrades available). And a yearly company bonus.
- A dynamic environment: flexible working hours and working from home – everything is negotiable. We also offer career break options.
- Learning opportunities: through an individual development plan and professional training
- Career growth: whether you want to become more of an expert in your field our you want to expand your knowledge more horizontally, there is always room to grow within SD Worx!
- And all leaves are granted as from day 1!
The IT Process Engineer is part of the Process Management Squad and is responsible for the design, transition, improvement and – in accordance with this – also the execution of the different IT service management processes (Mainly incident, problem, change), controlling these processes from an ITIL and COBIT framework.
- Additionally he/she has an important role to play in the communication to internal and external stakeholders. The Process Management Squad is an international squad with team members in Belgium, UK and Mauritius.
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 rotation for major incident management.
- Define, implement (eg training), and maintain IT business processes to meet business objectives.
- Identify opportunities for business process re-engineering to optimize service delivery.
- Ensure process governance mechanisms are created to minimize deviations from expected behaviors. Create and maintain process documents and workflows, in collaboration with the business.
- Work with new partners (acquisition track) to ensure a seamless acceptance of and adherence to established business processes.
- Periodically evaluate existing IT business processes to ensure validity and relevance to the overall strategy of Business Technologies.
- Validate and track if newly established IT business processes efficiently address operational gaps.
- Extract or generate quantitative information from single or multiple Business Intelligence tools (CRMs, Tableau, Power BI, Excel etc.)
- Consolidate and standardize data structures to replicate data warehousing capabilities.
- Analyse quantitative information and formulate hypothesis on data trends.
- Identify process gaps leading to ‘bad’ data.
- Generate and present findings to the IT-SMO squad. § Coordinate action plans with Product Owners, Product Managers and/or Flow Masters to implement corrective measures for deviations in data trends.
- Process and Internal Audits:
- Work with Group Internal Audit (GIA) to document relevant process improvement tracks.
- Identify and report non-conformity to audit expectations within the IT-SMO squad for prompt actions. Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Implement feedback mechanisms to collect data on IT business processes.
- Capture lessons learnt during IT business process rollout and standardization tracks and create appropriate remedial plans. External audits: ISAE3402 by Deloitte
Expectations, experiences & Knowledge
- Ability to quickly grasp foundational knowledge of ITIL or COBIT.
- Willingness to pursue a certification track for ITIL.
- Strong communication skills § Able to observe and interpret dependencies between processes § Confident and skilled at identifying and navigating through road-blocks
- Useful if with a project management and/or technical background
- Willingness to learn and adopt Agile way of work
- Ability to delegate and not be afraid to ask for help
Educational / Skill /
- Experience Requirements
- 2+ years working in the IT industry
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Service-driven mindset § Strong communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to translate technical terms into easy to grasp, layman concepts.
- Proficient in English (written and spoken). Other languages such as Dutch, French and/or German is a plus.
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.
SD Worx lives diversity in the workplace. Diversity provides inspiration and innovation in our company. We particularly welcome applications from qualified talent, regardless of origin, nationality, gender, skin colour, ethnic and social background, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and stage of life.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius
Date posted: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 07:37:37 GMT